Everyone has different choices and personal preferences in standard laptop sizes and laptop dimensions.
You should choose the technology which you like the most. Like in the case of laptops, there are different standard laptop sizes available.
Different Laptop Screen Sizes are ideal for different people, professions and it also depends on the purpose of use like a big size of laptops for business and offices and normal-sized for students, etc.
Here I will share with you different sizes of laptops.
These standard laptop sizes are from a minimum of 11 inches and a maximum of 18 inches.
Table of Contents
Different standard laptop Sizes & Dimensions
Let me tell you about the different Laptop Screen Sizes & dimensions of laptops available in the market and some of their features too. So here we go;
1: 11 to 12-inch Laptop sizes
The laptops between these sizes are the thinnest and the lightest ones. They are usually in a weight of 2.5-3.5 pounds.
2: 13 to 14-inch Laptop sizes
Laptops sizes between these ranges are the best portable and usable. Not only these are portable, but others are too. I am just giving you brief information here.
I will tell you further things that should be considered along with the size. It is not only the size which matters. These laptops usually weigh 4 pounds.
3: 15-inch Laptop sizes
These are the most medium-sized laptops. Weighing between 4.5 to 6 pounds, these machines are best for most of the professions and work. It is a good large screen.
You can choose it for them you do not have to take them with you many times.
4: 17 to 18-inch Laptop sizes
These are the largest laptop screen sizes. Utilize the full level of productivity by it. Explore the experience of a big screen and seeing minor details.
You can make a theater atmosphere with these laptops by watching movies on the largest laptop screen sizes.
Don’t miss our article on Best PC for Streaming Review
How to measure laptop size?
Measuring a laptop size means measuring its screen size. Because firms advertise laptop sizes in inches, so should also measure in the same standard. Here’s how to do it.
- Take a measuring tape.
- Simply start measuring with the tape from the bottom corner diagonally to the opposite corner. Or, in simple words, from one corner to another. Bear in mind that the bezel is not included in the screen size.
- Take a note of your measurement. That should be your laptop’s exact screen size.
And what if you want to measure the whole dimensions of the laptop? Here’s how to do that…
- To measure the width, place the measuring tape horizontally from one corner to the other. The width is the front of your laptop.
- To measure the depth, close the book. And start measuring vertically from top to bottom while the laptop is closed.
- To measure the height, keep the laptop closed. Measure vertically from the bottom surface to the top surface. That should be it.
Getting accurate size info also helps in deciding to buy any laptop cases or bags.
What to look for in a laptop?
Before buying a laptop, you must chew over these points so your money goes well-spent.
- Operating System: In general, people buy Windows for personal and gaming use, MAC OS also for personal and professional use, and Linux & Chrome OS for business use. However, choosing the right OS isn’t as simple as it may seem. So we’ve covered a detailed article on the fastest operating systems to help you with choosing the right OS.
- The Size: Choosing the right size is also a big debate. 11-12 inches are the thinnest and offer maximum portability. While 13-14, is a standard laptop size that has a decent screen ratio and is easy on hands to carry through different places. There are also 15-16 inches screens, which are popular as well because they offer bigger displays, but only buy that size if you need less portability. In the last, there are 17-18 sizes, which are giant and are made to sit on your desk to play endless games on wider screens. If you want a detailed guide, consider reading our article on standard laptop sizes.
- Hardware: Don’t ignore this. Always specify specs according to your needs. For high-end tasks, you need a high-end or latest Gen CPU, more RAM, and enough SSD storage. Plus, the display with more pixels is better. Most premium laptops come with 4K compatibility, but if you can’t afford that, at least try going for 1920 x 1080p IPS panels.
- Keyboard and Touchpad: The keys should be soft, but not wiggly or squirmy. Solid feedback from keys is necessary. And also don’t forget to check the touchpad, which should offer wide enough space, and good responsiveness.
- Connectivity and Ports: If the budget allows, consider buying your laptop with 4G and 5G, and Wi-Fi 6 support. That way, you can have the fastest Internet speed. Plus, Bluetooth 5 is the latest standard, if you buy that support, you’ll be able to have a better experience with Bluetooth-enabled devices like headphones or mouse. Meanwhile, ports remain the same for almost every mainstream OS system. Your desired laptop must have a 3.0 USB port, HDMI cable, and a C-Type port would be a plus.
- Read Reviews: Read what other people think about the laptop you’re going to buy on a forum like Reddit or Amazon Reviews section. That will help a lot in deciding.
Other things to consider along with sizes
As I have said earlier that it is not only the size which matters but other things too. These other features are as important as the size.
In fact, they both are inseparable.
Let me inform you about those important features.
The basic and the most important thing is a good processor means CPU.
Without it, a laptop is nothing. Intel offers many processors and keeps them updating.
There are many new version processors are available with the new features. There are the latest 6th, 7th, and 8th generation processors.
The 8th is the newest one.
It offers many new and fast features. You can select any one of them easily.
RAM stands for random access memory. The more the RAM is, the more will be best.
High RAM offers you good storage space for all your important files or even heavy games.
Good RAM will not let the speed of the laptop get affected because of heavy data stored in it.
Do not go for the old and slow windows. There are many new and latest windows operating systems available.
Windows 10 is the latest one until now.
Windows 7 is also the best and easy to use. Its environment is much easy to understand compared to Windows 10.
I will suggest you, not go with any other operating system except these.
As new windows have the original and the updated features. These windows features are user-friendly too.
Even you can do multi-tasking with fast speed on windows 7 and 10. Other ones will not provide you with such marvelous facilities.
Any size of laptop you like for yourself, battery life is important for all of them. Without good battery timings, you can’t enjoy using the laptop fully.
Also, it’s a big barrier to your work. So always take a laptop with maximum battery life timings. So that you just have to charge it at once and work all day long.
Select the laptop with an anti-glare display. As most of the issues with such devices are for the eyes. You must take great care of them.
Even you can check out the screen display before you buy it. Or you can return it immediately if found anything wrong when taken online.
An anti-glare and a smooth display is a perfect choice for buying a good laptop.
But at the same time, its graphics should be good. So that you can enjoy seeing movies, videos, doing video calls with a clear and non-distorted pixel screen.
Whichever size you take, make sure that you are taking a good company laptop. It must be of high quality. Bad quality laptops end up only after a few months.
But a good quality laptop will go with you for many years until you use it in an extremely bad way.
A good quality laptop is made of strong material. Also, the company matters. A good and well-known company will try to provide the best laptop to its customers.
Do check the warranty on that laptop which you are going to buy. As it is an important thing. Keep the warranty card safe with you.
In the end, I would just say that I read this guide carefully. So that you can have a better idea about what other things you have to consider for laptops along with their sizes.
All sizes are good, and it greatly depends upon you for which purpose you have to take the laptop.
Select any of your desired sizes by reading this guide. Go with your required one. Enjoy using the laptop after making the right choice. Good luck.