Many Instagram users are facing an issue with their Instagram Story camera, and they say it’s not working properly. Some users say that when they click on the button, it takes them directly to the camera roll or gallery; others say that they do not find any camera button in their story. How can we fix it right?
Instagram is a popular social media platform that millions of people use on a daily basis to share photos and videos. It also has various features designed to make the user experience more enjoyable and engaging, such as filters, editing tools, stories, messaging, and hashtags. However, one downside to Instagram is its occasional glitches, which can frustrate users.
Some of the most common glitches on Instagram are problems with stories, notifications not working, issues sending messages or loading content, and slow performance. Sometimes, these glitches may be due to server issues or other technical difficulties beyond the user’s control. Other times, they can be caused by a bug in the app or a problem with the user’s device.
Instagram Story Camera is Not Working: What it is so?
One of the most common Instagram glitches is when the Story Camera fails to work. Whenever Instagram users face any issue, they start reporting it on Twitter and Reddit. In the same way now, when the Instagram Story camera is not working, users have reported this issue on Reddit, Twitter, and Quora. In days, it became a very emerging issue faced by the majority of Instagram users worldwide.
This issue was reported on June 28, 2022, and till now, Instagram has not realized this issue or taken any steps on it.
Actually, the Instagram story camera button is shown with a + sign at the top left section of the screen. When the user clicks on the + button, he can choose photos from his gallery and even capture a video or photo by tapping on the camera button. Once you capture the video or photo from your camera on Instagram, you can then post it in your Instagram story.
Why is the Instagram Story Camera not Working?
If you are facing an issue with your Instagram Story camera, then you don’t need to worry about it. You are not the one facing this issue, but many people are suffering from this issue worldwide. IOS users especially face this issue. But Instagram is not responding to this error and has not acknowledged this problem yet, and that’s why the IT team is silent.
The Instagram story camera is not working, which is mainly due to a bug or glitch in the latest Instagram update patch. There’s also some problem with your device, or there may be some internet connection problem. But Instagram has not yet introduced its real cause. Therefore, at the time of writing, we don’t know the exact cause, and that’s why we cannot provide the exact cure and solution to that problem.
How to Fix the Issue, “Instagram Story Camera not Working”?
Till now, Instagram and its parent company, Meta, have not pondered upon this issue and have not provided any solution or response to solve this problem. But Instagram users suggest and try every sort of solution to eliminate this issue.
They suggest some simple and general fixes in order to fix the Instagram story camera right that may not be working due to some general issues.
Try these General Fixes!
You can try the following solutions one by one;
- Close Instagram App: The first and foremost solution to get rid of issues on Instagram is to close your Instagram and then remove it from the recently opened tabs. After that, launch your Instagram again.
- Restart your device: Restart your device by pressing and holding the power button and then clicking on the restart option. After restarting, check if your issue is resolved. If not, try the next solution.
- Log out of Your Account: Log out of your Instagram account, log in again, and check if this worked for you.
- Update the Instagram app: Update your app to the latest version of Instagram available. Open the Play Store (Android device) or App Store ( iOS device). Search Instagram in the search bar and click on the update option beside your Instagram app.
- Reinstall Instagram: If updating does not work for you, you can uninstall your Instagram app, install the latest version of Instagram again, and sign into your account.
- Clear the app cache: Clearing the app cache also helps solve problems due to in-app bugs and glitches.
- Switch Network from WIFi to Mobile Data: Maybe you are facing some issues due to your internet connection problem. That’s why you can try to switch out your wifi and then connect your device to the mobile data. This will help you sort out your problem if there’s any server problem.
- Using third-party Websites: You can use a third-party website to check if the issue is also there. Make sure to download the APK files from reliable and trusted resources to protect your device and account.
Report the Issue to the Instagram and Meta
One most important things you need to do to solve your problem quickly is to seek help from the Instagram and meta team by directly reporting the issue you are facing with Instagram stories.
For that, follow the steps below;
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on your profile picture and open your profile.
- Then tap on the option “settings.”
- After that, you will have many options, select “Help” from them.
- Click on “Report a Problem.”
- Follow all the on-screen instructions and send the report in clear and respectable words.
- It’s an excellent idea to add screenshots of your issue.
You can also use Twitter if you want your voice to get heard. Just tweet your problem. Open your Twitter and tell about the problem via tweet. Also, tag @Instagram and @Meta on your tweets.
Wait For Instagram To take Action.
Some users report that their Instagram story camera has started doing work properly as before. Also, some users still face the issue and struggle with this in-app bug and glitch. For this, after trying all the steps mentioned above, you need to wait for Instagram to take action and resolve the issue.
When the Instagram and Meta team will acknowledge this issue and roll out an official fix for this problem, it will be worth it for you as this is the most authentic and reliable solution. Then you will not face the issue again.
When the Instagram team takes any action, we will update you as soon as possible.
Until then, you can practice some other workarounds to post stories on Instagram. You can use your mobile camera to capture your images and videos to upload on Instagram stories. You can also use the Snapchat camera on your device’s stock camera app. Then you can use that photo by selecting them from the gallery and posting it on the Instagram story.
Also, keep checking for Instagram app updates. If there’s any, then update your version. Updating the Instagram version mostly fixes all the glitches.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you turn on Cameras for Instagram Stories?
For this, follow the steps mentioned below;
- Open the settings of your device.
- After that, tap on “apps and notifications.”
- Click on “See all apps.”
- From the options, click on “Instagram.”
- Tap on “Permissions.”
- Then click on “camera” and use it.
What to do if my Instagram story camera is black?
If your Instagram story camera is black, then try to follow the steps to fix it;
- Go to “Settings.
- Then tap on “apps”.
- Go to the Application list and then search Instagram and tap on it.
- Cick on the “Storage” and then clear the data and also the cache and reboot.
Why can’t I take pics on Instagram?
If you cannot take pictures on Instagram, it’s mainly because you have not permitted your Instagram app to use the camera. Instagram has no camera on its own. To use the camera, you have to give Instagram permission to use your camera.
How do you fix black on Instagram?
If you want to fix the black on Instagram, then follow the steps below;
- Tap on the menu lines at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on settings.
- Then click on, Theme.
- If your app is set to dark mode, then turn it to light.
How do you search on Picuki?
If you want to search on Picuki, the Instagram viewer and editor app, then follow the steps below;
- Enter your username. It may be your name or the word you want to enter.
- Click on the View button, or you can also access the Quick search results.
- Then watch and save photos, videos, etc. There you can watch everything anonymously and download anything without letting anyone know.
In this article, we have discussed the Instagram story camera not working and also the causes of this problem. We have also elaborated on all possible fixes you can follow to eliminate this annoying error. Directly call the Instagram team in action and wait for their response. Till practice other workarounds mentioned above to post our stories on Instagram.
If you have any queries, please contact us and drop your comments in the comment section below.