What is the Vanish Mode on Instagram. How can we Use it?
Like so many other people, probably, you frequently use social media platforms like Instagram. Recently, a big improvement was made to Instagram’s Direct Message feature, enabling users to communicate privately. In recent months, Instagram has received an update named Vanish mode.
Only the most recent version of Instagram, available on Google Play or the Apple App Store, can access vanish mode. In contrast to Snapchat, you may pick and choose which users you want to use vanish mode on. Do you have any idea about vanish modes on Instagram? You need not worry about it; we are here to tell you each and every detail about the vanishing mode.
In this article, we will throw light on the Vanish mode on Instagram about what it is and how we can use it. So let’s come to the main topic!
What is Vanish Mode?
Vanish mode is a tool on Instagram, and you can use it when you are communicating are chatting with someone. As the name indicates, this tool keeps your chat private when you are done with the chat. It means to say that when you type any message in your DM section, the other person can see and read but as soon as the other person reads it, the message vanishes.
When you use the vanish mode on Instagram, you cannot re-read the messages as the messages are not saved. These messages have no backup or record. This feature is so much private that it notifies if somebody takes a screenshot of the chat. It alerts you that the chat has been screenshotted, but you cannot do anything but can become cautious.
But when the other person takes a screenshot, you can ask him to delete the screenshot or erase it. But if you don’t bother, then you can let it go, i.e., accept it.
Things that you need to know about Vanish Mode
Some main features of vanish mode on Instagram that you need to know about it are as follows;
- If anyone takes a snapshot of the messages, you will be notified instantly to become alert.
- This vanish mode applies only to those chats that have one-to-one messages. You cannot use this vanishing tool in the group chat.
- If you want to use this feature on Instagram to chat with a person, it’s necessary to follow him, and the other person is following you. This is just for your security so that you can not receive any unwanted messages on Instagram.
- If, for instance, you forget to turn on vanish modes, then the messages will appear in your Direct Message section (inbox) as normal messages. If you want to chat secretly, you must manually turn on vanish mode.
How to Enable or Disable Vanish Mode on Instagram?
There are some messages we don’t want to keep in our messages memory, which shouldn’t be retained forever. Instagram’s vanish mode helps us send self-destructing and transient messages in a very specific conversation mode.
The USB of the new feature, Vanish mode, is the Snapchat-style self-destructing messages. Weh has to manually activate the vanish mode so that your messages can disappear after the chat. If you forget to turn on your vanish mode, your messages will appear as normal messages in the inbox.
This new feature, Instagram’s vanish mode, was launched at the end of the year 2020. Some people don’t know the method to use it. If you don’t know how to use this mode, then we are here to help you.
Follow the steps below if you want to enable vanish mode on your Instagram app;
- Open the updated version of your Instagram app. If you are using an outdated version, then first update it from the Play Store or App Store according to your device.
- Open the direct messages section in the Updated version of the Instagram app by clicking on the “Chat” button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Open the contact with whom you want to chat with vanish mode turned on. (So that your chat is not recorded).
- When you open the chat, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and release.
- Your screen will become black, and you will see a slew of “Sush” emojis that will drop from the top and will indicate that you have enabled the vanish mode.
- After that, You start your chat in a normal way. You will see a notification on your screen that the recipient’s chat window is in Vanish mode.
When you turn on vanish mode and do chat with your friends, the chat will remain there on the screen until you close the window yourself. Once the window is closed, the chat will no more be visible and will vanish.
Turning off Vanish Mode
If you want to turn off the vanish mode, the process is the same as turning on vanish mode. Follow the steps below;
- To turn off vanish mode once you have turned the vanish mode on, then you will see an option on the screen, Turn off Vanish Mode”.
- Tap on that option if you want to start your chat normally.
Why should you Use Vanish Mode?
If you remain conscious about anyone reading your chat and conversation with any person, then vanishing mode will help you a lot. If you worry about the security and safety of your messages, you should use vanish mode when chatting with the person you want to secretly without anyone knowing.
Vanish mode helps you to communicate with your other friend on Instagram privately.
You can also use the vanish mode if you have any surprise for your loved one and you don’t want your surprise to be leaked or revealed. When you send a surprise message to someone, it vanishes when the other person closes the window; thus, there’s no threat of leaking the information or that message.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why would someone turn on vanish mode on Instagram?
If you are paranoid about your chats and want to text someone secretly, or want to surprise someone, then vanishing mode will help you a lot. If you are conscious and worried about the snoopers looking at your chats or you want safety and privacy, then vanishing mode is for you.
Does vanish mode deletes chat on both sides?
Yes, when an Instagram user turns on the vanish mode when chatting, then all the chat is deleted on both sides as soon as any of the individuals close the window, and thus there will be no record of the chat.
Can someone see if you turn on vanish mode on Instagram?
When you turn on the vanish mode on someone’s chat, the other person will be unaware of that. But when he opens his inbox, he will be notified that the vanish mode is turned on.
How anonymous is Picuki?
Picuki is a completely anonymous app for viewing Instagram. Once on Picuki, you can easily see Instagram photos, videos, reels, posts, and stories without letting anyone know about it.
How do I know if someone is using vanish mode?
When someone turns on the vanish mode, then the screen colour of both receiver and sender of the message change, and there’s written on the screen clearly that vanishes mode is turned on.
In this topic, we have discussed all the vanishing modes on Instagram and how to use it. If you want to enable or disable;e the vanish mode on Instagram, then you can follow the abovementioned steps. You can use this message if you want to message someone privately or secretly.
I hope this article will help you greatly if you want to chat with someone and don’t want your messages to be recorded. If you have any queries, please contact us or drop your comment in the section below.