Instagram is a very well-known and famous platform among all social media users. It’s a very trending app among the young generation, captivated by its unique features, functions and filters, which Instagram launches time by time. However, with the advancement in the features and functions of Instagram, many issues are faced by Instagram users. We are here to sort out these issues by prescribing you the best solutions to deal with that issues and problems.
Nowadays, Instagram users are facing an issue that sound is not turned off in their Instagram stories at the time when it should generally be. Here we will tell you the easy way to follow and get rid of this annoying problem on Android and iOS devices.
It’s a straightforward process that you can adopt to turn off the sound on Instagram stories. For this, you need to click on the sound icon in the Instagram app or turn off the sound on your device. You can slow down or turn off the sound by flipping the switch at the side of your phone.
When you flip it, Instagram notifies you that your device is in silent mode. When you turn off the sound of your Instagram stories, you can easily use your mobile in public without making any notice and can watch the Instagram stories freely; even if your children are sleeping nearby, you will feel relax to use your phone and viewing stories without the speakers buzzing and annoying.
Now, we are on why we cannot turn off sound on Instagram stories, including audio and music, despite trying the correct method. In this article, we will discuss this issue and tell the possible fixes to resolve the issue.
Sound won’t Turn off on Instagram Stories: What’s the issue?
Instagram focuses more on reels and video content, due to which users face many problems. An issue, “Sound won’t turn off on Instagram stories”, started on September 7 2022. This issue was not resolved till September 8, 2022. And the users made a lot of complaints and discussed their issues on social networking platforms like Twitter, Reddit, etc.
People use to watch Instagram stories without a voice so that they can watch them in public without disturbing anyone. They were facing the problem that sound was there even if they turned their device and Instagram on “silent mode”. The users were anxious about this issue and wanted to know if it was only with their device or if everyone was facing it. But within a day, thousands of Instagram users discussed this issue on Twitter and Reddit.
Some users also complained that they are facing the same issue with the reels. They have no idea why it’s happening so.
Why is Instagram not Allowing users to turn off sound in Stories?
The exact cause of this issue is unknown, as the why sound is not turning off on Instagram stories. Also, the meta has not discussed this issue and didn’t highlight that they had either removed the “Mute” or silent Mode feature from the Instagram stories. It’s a very confusing thing.
Maybe this issue is due to a glitch in the Instagram update. It’s because many users face problems in the Instagram app that are mainly due to glitches and in-app bugs, and they are resolved after some time on their own.
We can assume different reasons for facing this problem as neither Instagram nor its parent company, Meta, has revealed and acknowledged this issue. As soon as they give any update, we will inform you, people, promptly.
How to Fix the “Sound won’t turn off on Instagram stories” issue?
As we don’t know the exact cause behind this problem of sound not turning off on Instagram stories, we cannot give you any clear-cut solution to this problem. But yes, we will tell you about some general fixes that you must try to solve this issue. Maybe anyone of them will help you.
Some of the possible solutions are as follows;
- Restart your device: Restart your device by pressing and holding the power button and then clicking on the restart option. After restarting, check if your issue is resolved. If not, try the next solution.
- Log out of Your Account: Log out of your Instagram account, log in again, and check if this worked for you.
- Update the Instagram app: Update your app to the latest version of Instagram available. Open the Play Store (Android device) or App Store ( iOS device). Search Instagram in the search bar and click on the update option beside your Instagram app.
- Reinstall Instagram: If updating does not work for you, you can uninstall your Instagram app, install the latest version of Instagram again, and sign into your account.
- Clear the app cache: Clearing the app cache also helps solve a problem due to in-app bugs.
Most Instagram users have reported having all these fixes, but nothing has worked for them. Then you have the option to follow the steps below;
- Using earphones or earbuds: If you cannot solve the issue, you can use earbuds or earphones to prevent your speakers from bursting and disturbing the people in the gathering when you watch stories.
- Wait for Instagram to roll out a fix: The best thing to do is wait and watch when Instagram and Meta acknowledge this issue and roll out a fix to get rid of this problem that will help you. Until then, use earbuds Or watch stories when you are alone or have no issue with noise bursting.
Report the Issue to the Instagram and Meta
One most important thing you need to do to solve your problem quickly is to seek help from the Instagram and meta team by directly reporting the issue you are facing with Instagram stories.
For that, follow the steps below;
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on your profile picture and open your profile.
- Then tap on the option “settings.”
- After that, you will have many options, select “Help” from them.
- Click on “Report a Problem”.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions and send the report in clear and respectable words.
- It’s an excellent idea to add screenshots of your issue.
You can also use Twitter if you want your voice to get heard. Just tweet your problem. Open your Twitter and tell about the problem via tweet. Also, tag @Instagram and @Meta on your tweets.
When the Instagram team takes any action, we will update you as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I turn the volume off on Instagram Stories?
If you turn the volume off on the Instagram stories, tap anywhere on the story to turn off or on your sound. If the sound is on, the sound will be turned off by tapping on the screen. If the volume is off, then by tapping the screen, we can turn it on the volume.
Why is sound automatically on on Instagram?
There’s an issue with Instagram stories. The sound is not turning off. The Meta said that it’s mainly due to a glitch.
A spoke person said about his error;
“Due to a bug, some Instagram users are experiencing an issue where sound is automatically on when viewing stories–we’re working to fix this issue as soon as possible.
Is Picuki Down?
No, Picuki is not down. But if your Picuki.com is not working or you are feeling it down, then it may be due to network or server problems. May it is overloaded or unreachable due to network problems.
How do I turn off the auto sound on Instagram?
If you want to turn off auto sound on Instagram, go to Settings and tap on “Sound’ after that, toggle the button to mute the audio.
Hence, in this article, we discussed the Instagram issue, ‘Sound won’t turn off on Instagram Stories,” and also gave you the possible fixes you should follow to resolve the problem. If you have any queries, then feel free to contact us and drop your comment in the comment section below.
Stay connected to get the latest updates on the Instagram app.