Instagram has gained a lot of popularity among the youth and is a very well-known platform among all social media platforms. Globally, Instagram users are billions. Instagram is not immune to technical difficulties, so it is also one of the most famous social media sites.
An error message on Instagram pops up saying, “Sorry, there was a problem with your Request”. Your account may be permanently blocked as a result o such errors, which may be due to several causes. Some of them are;
- Using an Incorrect username or password.
- Problems with server connection.
- Violation of Instagram’s terms and Conditions, etc.
This article will clearly describe Instagram’s error: “Sorry, there was a Problem With your Request.” We will also give detailed solutions for how to fix this error.
How does the Error “Sorry there was a Problem with Your Request”, Occur?
This message of Instagram’s error mainly pops up when there is a problem in your server connection, and thus it prevents your IP address from accessing Instagram. Due to the error, “Sorry there was a Problem with Your Request”, you cannot access your Instagram account.
Reasons Why this Error Occur?
The reasons why the error “Sorry there was a Problem with Your Request” occurs while accessing an Instagram account are as follows;
- When you try to log in to your account with the incorrect combination of password and username.
- When you try to log in to your Instagram by using an automated program or a third-party app.
- When there are some issues with your server connection.
- As a result o a violation of Instagram’s terms of service, you have a suspended account.
- When Instagram blocks your IP address.
Fixing the Error, “Sorry there was a Problem with Your Request”.
I hope you all know about the reasons why this error occurs. Now, I’ll describe all the possible solutions to fix this error. You need to follow all these solutions one by one and check which solution works with your Instagram’s error.
Let’s have a look at the solutions to this error;
- Check your Internet Connection
- Restart Your Device.
- Update the App
- Involvement in Spamming Activities
- Clearing App Cache
- Instagram Help Centre
Here, we’ll describe all the above-mentioned solutions so you can follow and fix your error.
1. Check your Internet Connection
When you have a sluggish or weak internet connection, it’s the primary cause of popping up this error, “Sorry there was a problem with your request.”
So, if this error appears, you first have to make sure that you have a smooth Internet connection and check whether your Internet device is working properly. When using wifi, check whether you are in a good signal range and whether the internet speed is good.
If it does not help, you have to switch on your mobile data and try to connect with it. If it solves your error, then all good! But if you’re still facing an issue, it may be for any other reason. For that, follow the next solution.
2. Restart your Device
After the server connection problem, restarting your device is the best solution not only to solve this issue but also when you are facing any issue on any social media platform. Restarting your device helps a lot.
For this, press the restart option on your device and wait for your device to restart. When the device is restarted, it restores its energy, and all the functions work properly.
When you restart, you have to reconnect to the Instagram server, and thus this can restore your Instagram app and work on it as a fresh connection.
3. Update the App
If restarting your device doesn’t solve your problem, you can follow this step. In this fix, you need to update the app. You must ensure you are using the updated and latest version of the Instagram app. You need to install an up-to-date version of Instagram if you have an outdated version.
For this, follow the instruction;
- Open the app store or Play store, according to your device.
- In the search box, search “Instagram.”
- Click on the Update option.
- It is better to restart your device because it fixes the error.
After following these steps, if you still face the error, move on to the next solution.
4. Involvement in Spamming Activities
Instagram is giving a tough time to users who are involved in spamming activities. If Instagram suspects that you are constantly commenting and posting on unrelated stuff and are involved in spamming activities, it bans or disables your Instagram account.
If this happens to you, then it’s the very thing that your account is disabled and due to which you are facing the problem. If Instagram bans your account due to some spamming activities, then you have to communicate with the company directly via email or can access them through customer service.
5. Clearing App Cache
When you are facing any app problem, clearing the app cache solves all the issues the app is causing.
So, if the above-mentioned solutions don’t work for you, then clear the app cache of your Instagram, and it’ll resolve your problems relating to login.
How to Clear the App Cache
To clear the app cache, the procedure is different for both Android and iOS devices. So, here we have explained the steps separately. Just follow these steps if you want to do app cache.
For Android Devices
- Open the setting on your device.
- Click n the “App Manger” option.
- Then, choose “Instagram” among all the apps.
- Tap on the Option “Clear Cache.” By doing this, all your Instagram caches will be deleted.
For iOS Devices
- Go to the iPhone settings app.
- You will see a list of all the apps; tap on “Instagram.
- Uninstall the Instagram app and install it again. It will solve your problem.
In case you’re still facing the same error, then follow the last step.
6. Instagram Help Centre
If none o the above solutions help you fix the problem, then only Instagram Help Centre can help you to solve your error, “Sorry there was a Problem with your request”. If you want to communicate with Instagram’s Help Centre or Customer Service, follow the following steps.
- Visit the Instagram app and sign in to your account.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, there is your profile icon; click on it.
- Then tap on the three horizontal lines on the top right corner of the page.
- From the settings, click on Help.
- Then a menu will be opened; select the option “something isn’t working.”
- After that, text them and tell them your problem in detail. They will contact you in the following 1 to 2 days and solve your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What to do if I am facing an error on Instagram?
If you face errors while logging in to your account on Instagram, then you must do these simple steps;
- Restart your device.
- Check your internet connection.
- Try to log in on both your wifi and also on mobile data.
- If these don’t help, then uninstall your Instagram and install it again.
- Clear Instagram’s cache.
- Wait for a while
- Contact Instagram’s help center.
How long does an Instagram error last?
If you face an error on Instagram, give it a break and try again later. If it does not work, then log out of your account and try to log in again after a few hours. An error on Instagram takes a few hours to a day or two so that Instagram’s IT can fix the problem.
How can I restart Instagram?
First of all, you need to close your Instagram app completely. After that, run the app again. Then restart your device and log in again to your account.
What is Picuki Instagram Viewer?
Picuki is an Instagram story viewer that allows users to view stories of any public Instagram account anonymously.
All the above-mentioned steps will help you sort out the error on Instagram, “Sorry, there was a problem with your request.” I have compiled them here in a single article, and I hope all these will help you a lot to get your account back.
One thing I want to suggest is that if you’re trying to log in from a third-party app or using an automated tool, you need to deactivate your account, wait for some minutes, and then log in.
Also, give us your feedback if your error got fixed following these solutions. If you have any other solution to share, then you are always welcome.