Instagram app has the biggest glitch in that it keeps on crashing time by time, and due to this, the users can’t use it. Some users think that maybe Instagram is down, which is causing such issues. In this article, we will discuss the reasons why the Instagram app keeps crashing and how we can fix it right. We will also discuss the actual reasons of Instagram’s downtime.
Instagram is a popular social media platform that millions of people use on a daily basis to share photos and videos. It also has various features designed to make the user experience more enjoyable and engaging, such as filters, editing tools, stories, messaging, and hashtags. However, one downside to Instagram is its occasional glitches, which can frustrate users.
People increasingly use Instagram as part of their everyday routines, and they still occasionally check it. They like to post updates about their lives on Stories and Posts, and they also like to watch Reels and IGTV videos. The software offers far too much to do.
The latest app crashing issue is one of the problems that make the otherwise wonderful experience unpleasant. This issue initially surfaced in the US, Canada, and the UK. Due to the numerous reports about it on Twitter, it has since expanded to several areas.
Instagram App Crashing Reports
Whenever Instagram users face any issue on this platform, they start reporting that issue on other social networking platforms, including Twitter, Reddit, and Quora, and this news spreads like fire, and the issue becomes common. Likewise, as far as this issue is concerned, Twitter and Reddit are full of reports by Instagram users that they cannot use the app flawlessly as it keeps on crashing time by time.
People claim that they cannot even use the app as after launching the app, it does not run any function and crashes in seconds.
The exact time when it started is difficult to tell as different people are reporting the issue at different times. Instagram has not acknowledged this issue yet, and also Meta has not given any response on this issue we are expecting some official words from meta to fix this issue right.
The users say that when they open the Instagram app, it closes and return them to the home screen. Sometimes, it also gives a warning that the Instagram app has crashed and will be closed soon. These are the details we got from the reporters claiming this issue.
Reasons Why the App is Crashing Repeatedly
The exact reason for this issue is unknown, as Instagram has not acknowledged this so far. It may be due to several causes as server issues or maybe some glitches or in-app bugs. However, it’s most probably due to a glitch in the latest Instagram updates.
Instagram has actually rolled out many amazing new features, due to which the app constantly faces different glitches and in-app bugs. Some of the most common glitches on Instagram are problems with stories, notifications not working, issues sending messages or loading content, and slow performance. Sometimes, these glitches may be due to server issues or other technical difficulties beyond the user’s control. Other times, they can be caused by a bug in the app or a problem with the user’s device.
How to Fix this Issue?
Till now, Instagram and its parent company, Meta, have not pondered upon this issue and have not provided any solution or response to solve this problem. But Instagram users suggest and try every sort of solution to eliminate this issue.
They suggest some simple and general fixes to fix the Instagram story camera right that may not be working due to some general issues.
Some General Fixes!
You can try the following solutions one by one;
- Close Instagram App: The first and foremost solution to get rid of issues on Instagram is to close your Instagram and then remove it from the recently opened tabs. After that, launch your Instagram again.
- Restart your device: Restart your device by pressing and holding the power button and then clicking on the restart option. After restarting, check if your issue is resolved. If not, try the next solution.
- Log out of Your Account: Log out of your Instagram account, log in again, and check if this worked for you.
- Update the Instagram app: Update your app to the latest version of Instagram available. Open the Play Store (Android device) or App Store ( iOS device). Search Instagram in the search bar and click on the update option beside your Instagram app.
- Downloading an older version of Instagram: You can also try downloading an older version of Instagram as it helps to sort out the problem.
- Clear the app cache: Clearing the app cache also helps solve problems due to in-app bugs and glitches.
- Switch Network from WIFi to Mobile Data: Maybe you are facing some issues due to your internet connection problem. That’s why you can try to switch out your wifi and then connect your device to the mobile data. This will help you sort out your problem if there’s any server problem.
- Quit Beta Program: One best thing to get rid of this problem is to quit the beta program if you have joined it on the App Store or Play Store. Quitting the beta program ensures that you are using the stable version of the Instagram app.
Don’t use third-party resources to install and run your app, as it causes damage to your device.
Report the Issue to the Instagram and Meta
One most important things you need to do to solve your problem quickly is to seek help from the Instagram and meta team by directly reporting the issue you are facing with Instagram stories.
For that, follow the steps below;
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on your profile picture and open your profile.
- Then tap on the option “settings.”
- After that, you will have many options, select “Help” from them.
- Click on “Report a Problem.”
- Follow all the on-screen instructions and send the report in clear and respectable words.
- It’s an excellent idea to add screenshots of your issue.
You can also use Twitter if you want your voice to get heard. Just tweet your problem. Open your Twitter and tell about the problem via tweet. Also, tag @Instagram and @Meta on your tweets.
Wait For Instagram To take Action.
Some users report that their Instagram story camera has started doing work properly as before. Also, some users still face the issue and struggle with this in-app bug and glitch. For this, after trying all the steps mentioned above, you need to wait for Instagram to take action and resolve the issue.
When the Instagram and Meta team will acknowledge this issue and roll out an official fix for this problem, it will be worth it for you as this is the most authentic and reliable solution. Then you will not face the issue again.
When the Instagram team takes any action, we will update you as soon as possible.
Until then, you can practice some other workarounds to use Instagram. You can also use Tik Tok and find funny things on Reddit. You can also enjoy memes and reels on Youtube, Tik Tok, and other platforms.
Also, keep checking for Instagram app updates. If there’s any, then update your version. Updating the Instagram version mostly fixes all the glitches.
Use the Instagram Website
This problem is only faced and reported by Instagram app users. If you want to use Instagram and can’t do without it, then you can use the Instagram website on your PC by searching for it in a web browser. Because till now, this problem is not faced by Instagram website users. It has the same interface as that of the Instagram app, and thus you need not to worry about using it.
It is the best-recommended solution that you can adopt in order to enjoy Instagram stuff until the Instagram and Meta teams acknowledge and resolve this issue.
You can use the Instagram website flawlessly without worrying about its crashing issue.
Is Instagram Down Right Now?
As users continue to report outages on sites like DownDetector and social media platforms, Instagram is indeed currently partially unavailable and is down. There is a clear indication on DownDetector that Instagram users have been experiencing a lot of problems due to glitches and in-app bugs.
Twitter users are also using the hashtag #InstagramDown as they continue to report issues, ask for assistance, and share funny memes about the incident. The two ways listed above are the most effective for determining if Instagram is unavailable and that the issue isn’t exclusive to your device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is Instagram kicking me out?
The Instagram app is kicking you out due to some problem in the app. In the Instagram app, there’s a cache of stored data. This cache causes many problems. You need to clear this cache to run your Instagram app smoothly.
What does this mean when an app keeps closing?
This problem mainly occurs due to server problems. If you have a sluggish and slow internet connection or your mobile data or wifi is unstable, apps face many malfunctions. It may also be due to storage problems. So, you check your internet connection and clear your cache.
How to fix if Instagram keeps crashing on iPhone?
If your Instagram keeps crashing on your iPhone, then follow the following steps.
- Uninstall the Instagram app.
- Reinstall the updated version of the Instagram app from the App Store.
- Clear the cache.
- Restart your device and then launch the Instagram app. It will fix your problem.
Does Picuki show stories?
The answer is yes. Picuki is an anonymous Instagram viewer app that allows users to view and explore public posts without needing to create an account or follow any profiles. The platform also provides users with advanced search options, allowing them to filter their results by hashtag, location, or even the type of post they want to view.
In this article, we have discussed why the Instagram app is repeatedly crashing and what are the reasons behind this issue. We have also described all the possible fixes that you can try and follow to resolve this issue. These are all temporary fixes until Instagram creates a permanent solution to this problem. You can also use the Instagram website in your browser.
If you have any queries, then feel free to contact us and drop your comments in the comment section below.