Instagram is a superb platform for expert photographers and videographers to showcase their abilities and skills. Among many other social media platforms, Instagram is the one that provides better options for fine-quality videos and photos.
Instagram stories allow photo and videographers to show their expertise by posting high-quality results. But these experts face some issues in that their stories sometimes seem blurred even if they have uploaded original, high-quality photos and videos. Due to this, they face many problems and feel depressed as their skills don’t yield and flourish this way.
It is due to many reasons. We feel the pain of our readers and skilled persons, and for them, we have worked hard to root out the main reasons and causes of this issue.
This article will greatly help you as it’s all about why your Instagram stories get blurred. And How to fix the issue?
Reasons Why are your Instagram Stories Blurry?
As it’s a serious issue, Instagram officials have not highlighted it or provided a solution to it. As Instagram is used globally on a large scale, this issue occurs for many reasons, which may be due to its malfunctioning due to overuse.
Some people think that it’s probably some internet connection problem or any other problem at their end, but it’s not true. It happens at the company’s end due to some server problems, and due to this, all users face this problem.
As far as I think, now the IT staff of Instagram is trying to solve this issue because these issues normalize in the following few hours.
But if in a couple of hours, your problem not seems to resolve, then the issue may be at your end.
Some of the reasons why Instagram stories get blurred are discussed here,
- During backup, some of the videos and photos get corrupted.
- There may be an internet speed issue. (that’s very common).
- As far as Instagram is concerned, the quality of videos and photographs becomes low when uploading them.
- Maybe the Instagram you are using is an outdated version.
- On the Instagram app, the setting parameters for the quality of videos and photos have become different.
How to Fix up the Issue of Blurry Stories on Instagram
We can root out the solutions only when we know the reasons for our problems. So, considering all the reasons, we have provided some solutions to fix this issue.
- Firstly check your internet connection.
- Update the Instagram App
- Use Instagram Camera for Photo and Videography
- Change the settings of the Instagram app
Let’s have a detailed look at all these solutions;
Check your internet connection.
Internet connection is the main medium that plays a significant role in the quality of the work. Its issue is very common and affects the working and processing of Instagram and other apps. Due to sluggish wifi, the quality of Instagram stories gives blurry results and doesn’t show high-quality pictures when you post them.
If there is an internet issue, then while uploading the media, its quality will be good, but once it is uploaded, it will lose its quality and appear blurred. So, it’s advisable to use mobile data for uploading pictures and videos on Instagram.
Update the App
If your mobile has an active internet connection, then with each new update on Instagram, your app store will respond automatically and update the app. But the app store doesn’t do its task in case of a disrupted connection. Thus, the old app version makes your videos and photos blur.
To post high-quality pictures and videos, you need to update your app so that the new version works best.
How to update the app?
Here are some easy steps to follow while updating the app;
- On your mobile phone or laptop, open the play store or App store accordingly.
- In the search bar, type “Instagram”.
- Look at the results for any update option for Instagram.
- If options are available, press the “update” button and wait so that app is updated.
- After updating, post your story on Instagram and check the results.
- If the problem is solved, it’s ok. If you’re still facing it, then try another solution.
Use Instagram Camera
Yes, you are more satisfied with your mobile camera, which does a fantastic job, but it deteriorates the quality of the story when posted. It is because there is a limit of pixels and resolutions to post your story on Instagram. If the photo or video is large than the limit of Instagram, Instagram works automatically and makes it small according to its requirement. Thus, adjusting the pixels disturbs the quality of the picture and makes it blur.
For this, it’s advisable to use the Instagram camera instead. It allows you to capture any scene in the finest quality and maintains the quality of the story without making it blur. The Instagram camera is efficient and automatically adjusted as it captures the image in the format that the app demands. Thus, in this way, the quality of the image retains without any issue.
Change the Instagram Settings
There is a restriction on data usage on Instagram, especially when you’re on a mobile network. Instagram users can save their data when they are using Instagram. It’s a very good point about Instagram, but it also has a downside due to restrictions on data usage; the quality of your stories is impacted greatly.
For this, disable the data-saving option from the settings whenever you upload stories on your Instagram.
To do this, you just have to follow the following steps;
- Open Instagram
- Go to the right corner at the bottom of your screen and click on the profile symbol.
- Click on the menu symbol (three lines) on the right side at the top of the screen.
- On the right side of the screen, the menu will appear.
- Click on the settings option.
- Then click on the Account option.
- Then click on cellular data usage.
- On the right side of the data saver option, there is a toggle button, Just turn it off, and here you go!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is my picture blurry on Instagram when I add music?
Instagram has a limit of data to upload stories. When you add music to your photo, it simply gets blurred due to the increase in data that is to be uploaded on Instagram.
Why are my Instagram reels blurry?
The Instagram reels mainly go blurry because of slow internet; when you have a sluggish wifi connection, the reels are not fully loaded, which results in blurriness.
How to fix blurry Instagram stories on iPhone?
On iPhone, if your Instagram stories appear blurred, you have to do some settings in the camera. For this,
- Go to the settings of the iPhone
- Click on the “camera” option.
- Adjust the quality of your pictures and videos.
- Toggle on the “small DHR.”
How to fix blurry Instagram stories on Android?
On Android, if your Instagram stories appear blurred, you have to do some settings in the camera. For this,
- Open the default camera app.
- Go to the gear icon (settings)
- Adjust the size of your picture and video according to the demand of Instagram.
What is best about Picuki?
The best thing about Picuki—the Instagram viewer app is that you can watch stories and download anything from Instagram without revealing yourself.
Here in this article, we have listed all the possible solutions you can carry out to resolve the blurry stories on Instagram. If all these solutions don’t work for you, contact Instagram’s help centre; they’ll probably sort your issue out!