Instagram is a superb platform for expert photographers and videographers to showcase their abilities and skills. Among many other social media platforms, Instagram is the one that provides better options for fine-quality videos and photos.
Most social media platforms, including Instagram, have a feature that lets other people show that any of their friends and followers are currently on that platform and using it. But there is also an option to hide this from others and not show them that you are active. In this article, we’ll have a detailed look at Active Status and how we can turn it off on Android and iOS devices.
Usually, a green dot shows your active status, and when you turn off the active status, this green dot disappears, and others can not know whether you are currently online or not. You can also disable the active status from the chat also on Instagram.
How to Turn off Active Status on Instagram?
It is very simple to turn off the Active Status on Instagram. Here we will discuss both procedures whether you are using an Android device or another iOS device.
Follow the following steps when you are on any Android or iOS device;
- Open the updated version of the Instagram app.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- At the top right corner of the screen, you will see three horizontal menu lines; click on them.
- Then, tap on the settings.
- You will see a menu and select, Privacy from the list.
- Then, tap on “Active status.”
- A toggle button is in front of the “Active Status” option.
- Turn it off.
It is the whole process. You can follow these steps and then hide your active status from others on Instagram. After doing this, you can secretly use your Instagram app; Your friends will have no idea whether you are currently on the platform, using it or not. Now, you can watch photos, videos, posts, and reels on Instagram, without anyone knowing and troubling you.
How to Turn off the Active Status on Instagram using a PC?
If you are using a PC and are fond of operating social media platforms on your PC. You don’t want your friends and followers to know that you are currently using the platform and want to work flawlessly without anyone disturbing you. Then you need to turn off your active status on Instagram.
Follow the steps given below;
- Open your browser and search Instagram and log in to your account.
- At the top right corner of the screen, there is a profile icon; click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on “settings”.
- There’s a panel on the left side of the screen, tap on “Privacy and Security”.
- From the options, look for “Show Activity Status” and then uncheck the box in front of that.
That’s the whole process. Once you do it, you can use Instagram and carry out your other processes on your PC without being disturbed, as your friends and followers will not know whether you are currently active on Instagram or not.
How to Disable the “In the Chat” Prompt on Instagram?
Instagram is quite a friendly website, and it adds new features time by time for the convenience and ease of Insta users. Recently, Instagram has added a new feature that tells other friends when you are in chat with your friend at the same time.
It is as when you open a person’s chat and are replying to him, and the other person has also opened your chat box and chatting with you at the same time, then there’s a prompt on the screen, and the status above becomes, “In the Chat”.
You can also disable this feature if you are not convenient with this. If you don’t want the other person to know that you are currently active in his chat, you can turn your activity status off. And if the other person has Activity Staus on, he will get a notification of “Online” only, not of “In the Chat”.
If you want to Disable the “In the Chat” prompt, then follow the steps given below;
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap on the Profile icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Now tap on the menu bar ( three horizontal lines) at the top-right section of your screen.
- After that, tap on “Settings”.
- From the list, click on “Privacy”.
- After doing that, click on “Active Status.”
- Here is an option, “show when you are active together”. There’s a toggle button. Turn it off.
- This is all. You can follow these steps secretly whenever you want to use Instagram without anyone knowing.
If again you want to enable the “In Chat Prompt”, follow the same steps above and toggle the button. You‘ll then again see the “In chat Prompt”.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I tell if someone has turned off their Active Status on Instagram?
There’s no such way through which you can tell whether someone has turned off their active status or not. But you can check it as you can send him a message, and if they open and read it and you don’t show any active status, then you may suspect that he or she has turned off his active status.
How do you hide your Instagram Online Status?
If you want to hide your Instagram online status, open your profile icon. Go to the menu and then tap on settings, and then on the privacy option. From the list, tap on Activity status. Toggle off the Show Activity status button.
What is best about Picuki?
The best thing about Picuki is that you can watch stories and download anything from Instagram without revealing yourself.
In this article, we have discussed all the Active statuses on Instagram and how to turn them off when you want to work secretly on Instagram without anyone disturbing you. If you are fond of using Instagram on PC, it will help you a lot because you are doing a lot of tasks simultaneously on PC. Turn off the active status and just work calmly. You can also turn off the “In chat Prompt” by following the steps mentioned in the article.
I hope this has helped you a lot. If you have any queries then contact us or comment in the section below.